Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sick, for a reason

Well, I am feeling a bit better today, so I thought I would write a bit. I have been so very sick this past week. Finally last night I looked up if cold symptoms were a possible side effect of my last chemotherapy. Turns out all the terrible cold symptoms I have had are a side effect, just not a usual one. So, the migraine, sore throat, sore neck, dry painful watery eyes, the stuffy runny nose, the coughs, and the body sores and just side effects.
I am so very depressed at the cost of things. I got my first itemized bill for the chemotherapy. For 1 treatment it costs $8,000.00. Since I have had 4 treatments, I have racked up a bill for over $32,000.00 I am going to have to talk with the cancer center and see what they need for my part of the bill. No wonder you are always hearing about how most people are just 1 major illness away from being homeless. It is so outrageous and depression at the same time.
That's all for today, other then we got 8 inches of snow over night.

2 comments:

Tamy said...

Dont you have insurance or medicade??? I hope you start feeling better soon.

Amber said...

ya, Medicaid pays the whole thing thankgoodness!
think of the STATMENTS you get as an FYI.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather, to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, strawberries in the other, body throughly used up, totally worn out and screaming - Woo Hoo - What a ride!